The Patiala Famous Foods need no introduction.They have already taken a place in the heart of foods lovers. Patiala reflects everything that Punjabi food has – Delicious Taste.
Patiala famous foods includes meat products too.In Patiala, one can find lots of small restaurants and dhabas where you get delicious food. In most of the restaurants here, non-veg lovers can find plenty of options for chicken and mutton dishes.Your journey will remain incomplete if you don’t get a chance to have traditional food of the Patiala : Makki-ki-Roti and Sarson-ka-Saag with buttermwith a glass of Lassi (buttermilk).
Some of the famous Patiala foods are –
- Makke Di Roti and Sarso Ka Saag Makke ki roti and sarso ka sag holds a very special place among Patiala people.Patiala is no different than the rest of Punjab when it comes to the love of this particular dish. It has become so popular that Punjabi food and culture has started getting identified by this mouth watering dish.The yellow coloured make ki roti is made from corn flavour and is very delicious when eaten with cooked mustard green leaves (Sarso ka saag). The Punjabis are very fond of adding a dash of butter in the saag and eat it with great zest.
- Non-Vegetarian Delights in Patiala You cannot imagine a place in Punjab without its special non veg offerings. One can find lots of non-veg options in Patiala. Easily available dishes available here are Tandoori chicken, Kunna Gosht, biryanis, kebabs and muttons.
- Vegetarian Delights in Patiala Patiala also serves delicious vegetarian foods.The most famous veg item here is Rajma Chawal. A
splendid combination of rice and red kidney bean, it is sure to make you believe that eating is bliss. Other famous item here is Chole Bhature.
Famous Foods Places of Patiala –
1. Patiala Pangat
It has all the varieties starting from Punjabi cuisine, multi-cuisine food, south Indian food, Chinese food, etc. It has an exclusive fast food counter called “Chat Chok”.
2. Gopal Sweets & Restaurants
Gopal Sweet has a humble origin when S.Hargopal Singh opened the first outlet at Fountain chowk Patiala.
Over the years the sweetness and aroma of the Gopal’s spread in Patiala and the region around. The second
outlet was opened at the LeelaBhawan. And the third one at Urban Estate.
3. Sahni Bakery : It is the oldest and one of the best bakery shop in town. It has three stores at Patiala.
4. Jaggi Sweets & Restaurant
Since the year 1955, this restaurant is serving as a manufacturers, retailers and exporters of Sweets, Namkeens and other related products They offer the cleanest and best quality products produced with the modern
technology. It also has a restaurant offering delicious food.
5. Chawla Chicken Treat
Chawla chicken is one of the biggest food chain in India. Chawla chicken has been in this business for past several years. Its city outlets are in City Centre and Bhupindra Road.
Note – We have no intention of promoting above mentioned places / shops. We have written this blog only for the information of users. We do not guarantee authenticity of mentioned places as we may not have personally visited above places, but have taken “Internet” as a source while writing above blog.
Food Blogger’s Portal